Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No Bake Cookies :)

As I started to think about what to bring for a treat tomorrow at our science co-op I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate a little bit of frugality into it, yes this is actually a fun challenge to me. And I remembered a great recipe my mom use to make when I was little that is so yummy and yet pretty frugal. This is why I think it is on the frugal side, for one you only use 1 pot (so less things to wash, saves on water), second you only use the stove for about 5-8 minutes depending on your stove (so no preheating and having the oven on as well as no roasting your house in the summer) and third you use oats (I know flour is pretty cheap but I love the texture of the oats, it makes me feel fuller faster). So now that I've built these up here you go, I hope you enjoy.
No Bake Cookies
2 Cups sugar, 1/2 Cup milk, 1/2 Cup butter, 3 Cups of oats, 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (I use Nestle Quick Mix), 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 Cups of creamy peanut butter.
Take your first 3 ingredients and put them in a saucepan to boil. Mix them all together and once they boil time for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add everything else. Mix thoroughly! Pull out sheets of wax paper and put on the counter (if it is summer time you can put the wax paper on baking sheets to place in the fridge or freezer), drop by teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Let cool and then enjoy. They look a little different but they are delicious. I'll try and take a picture of them and put it up soon.

1 comment:

Kim Almas (a.k.a. TwoBoysMom) said...

Yum! Sounds delish! Definitely will try :D