Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Great week and it is only Tuesday

Well this week has already been pretty exciting. My mom (Ladonna) and dad (Jim) came down from Canada Saturday and we got to spend 2 hours at an In-and-Out in Merced with them and some of my family from Bakersfield. It is a funny thing about family. You can not talk to them for weeks sometimes even months and when you get together it's as if the puzzle pieces just fit perfectly. God is really good that way. I wish I had more time to spend with them, but that 2 hours was great and I'm so glad I did not pass it up and that they were willing to meet us halfway. It was the first time for them to see Mason and as Papa (Jim) kept telling Joshua "where'd your diaper go?" So in 3 years, when Mike has been working for a year as a nurse we are planning on taking a vacation up there (see it is in writing now so it has to happen).
The next news is that Mason has decided to not stay in his playpen at all! He is not even 2 yet but knows what he wants. After putting him back in his playpen 3 times with punishments and all I finally took him to Joshua's toddler bed and told him to go to sleep. He tried to get up 1 time, I told him no and he went back to sleep for a 2 hour nap :) Last night he went to bed at 8:30ish and I got him up at 6:45am (we had to take Bran to school). He did not get up once!!! So now we need to find another toddler bed, lol.
Mike took Joshua and Mikey to San Francisco for 2 days to work with him. I am praying that Mikey comes home with a better work ethic. He loves to do stuff, but having him see the big picture and being able to accomplish it without getting overwhelmed is our newest venture, yes I know he sounds like me :)
Last but not least it is only 1 week, yes 7 days till my 30th birthday. Can you believe it?! I am really excited, which is funny because my birthdays are usually passing thoughts to me. So if you see a silly grin on my face you will know why, it's because I will be checking off a new box on surveys :)
Have a blessed week everybody and keep in touch!!!

No comments: