Friday, June 27, 2008

A look at this week...

Well as I said in an earlier post Joshua didn't get in the water for his swim lessons for 2 days. Tuesday we tried to bribe him with going on the slide at the playground there, but that was a no go. So I actually let Mikey and Annika go slide so he could see that they were being rewarded because they went swimming. Wednesday we went to another chiropractor appointment and then swim lessons again. Once again I tried to get Joshua to go to his lessons and once again he started crying and saying he didn't want to leave me (it wasn't the swim lessons that he didn't like it was that Mommy wasn't going in with him, lol). So I made him sit on a bench and watch everyone else swim. Well he didn't like that so he asked to go to his class. We walked half way around the pool and he decided he didn't want to go again.... We went back to the bench to wait for Mikey and Annika when low and behold Joshua saw his class playing with toys in the pool. So I explained to him the kids in his class got to play with toys because they were swimming. He didn't like that and said he wanted to go swimming. So we took that long walk again and guess who went to play with his class :) He only had about 5 minutes with his class, but I was so happy. When swim lessons was out we went straight to the playground and went to the slide. The next day guess who wanted to go to his class right away? Joshua loves his class now and does amazingly well. He loves to dive under the water to grab the toys, loves to kick in the pool, and loves to jump in to the pool.
On some other exciting news Annika now will be going to the chiropractor only 1 day a week instead of the 3 days a week she has been going with Mikey and I. The doctor will do this for a few weeks and then reevaluate if she is still making good progress. Dr. Jeff is wonderful with the kids, Mikey and Annika were both really nervous after their first appointment, but Dr. Jeff decided to try a different technique and the kids now ask when their appointments are because they are so excited to go. Annika was actually bummed that she is dropping down to 1 day a week.
Tonight Mike and I are taking Brandon and his girlfriend Ashley to a picnic dinner at the drive in. I never thought I would double date with my son, lol. This "date" is to celebrate their 5 month anniversary :) Man I remember when I use to do that to...... But before that 2 of my girlfriends and I are going to go celebrate one of their birthdays. It will be a very fun filled evening.
And tomorrow we are taking all the kids to the farmers market to get some organic fruits and seconds (which are fruits that are slightly bruised or cut) for the week and for our new juicer (Thank-you G.G. we love it and have tried some fun concoctions). Hope all of you have a fun filled and blessed weekend.

No comments: