Friday, June 20, 2008

Been Awhile

Well, it's been awhile since I posted on our family blog. We were actually set to go on vacation last week, BUT Mike had to work out of town. So my mom and I decided to do fun stuff around the area. Well Monday was our first venture. Brandon actually watched Mason while my mom, Mikey, Annika, Joshua, and myself went up to Truckee to go visit a kids musuem. Well our planned trip turned sour pretty quickly.... Joshua got car sick and threw up on himself and his carseat. Mikey was so awesome as he was sitting next to him and trying to take care of him till we could pull off. We got Joshua cleaned up and realized that I forgot his extra clothes in our car (we were in my moms car), so now we needed to find a clothes store for a shirt. We stopped at a few places but all of them sold adult sized clothes. We decided to turn around and go to a thrift store that we saw. We were at a stop light waiting to turn when the SUV behind us hit us. So we pulled over to a parking lot where a young girl got out of the car, she was petrified. We found out her foot slipped off the brake and punched into the gas. When I looked at the back of my mom's car there were 2 wholes about the size of tennis balls in her bumper and a big dent in her trunk. God was truly with us as there was no major trauma done to us or the kiddos. We did go to a chiropractor as my neck was really giving me problems about 20minutes later. And then after my visit with the chiropractor I decided to bring the kiddos in as Mikey had complained of some headaches, and I wanted to be safe more than sorry. So that was our exciting trip. Praise God my mom was around as I couldn't lift up Mason without it hurting, let alone Joshua. We learned a lot of great lessons that day, the biggest one being that we have the choice to have a good time no matter what happens. We did have a good time and Mikey, Annika and I are spending time together driving to and from the chiropractors office :) I guess it really is a lot of how you look at it. Have a blessed weekend. BTW Annika's dance recital is this weekend so we will hopefully have some good pics of her up soon.

No comments: